If you have installed the ESXi Embedded Host Client (Link) you might find occasionally when trying to log onto a VMware Host the following message is displayed
It is a reasonably simple fix to get access again to the Host.
- SSH as root onto the ESXi host that is displaying the error
- Run the following command
- /etc/init.d/rhttpproxy restart
- The following output should be seen
- Go back to browser and type in ‘https://esxiservername/ui‘ to test the error has gone away. It should load into a login prompt if the error has been fixed
- I would recommended if you are seeing this happen at a lot make sure that the latest version on the embedded host client is installed. It can be updated within in the client or using VUM.